Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Boneless Masala Fried Chicken - Indian Style



Hi guys!


How are ya all doing?? Enjoying the lazy summer breeze?


I'm in Saudi Arabia right now and the climate here is so unpredictable! One second its warm, the other second there's this really cool breeze coming by and then again a second later its sunny all over again!


I'm really enjoying my vacation with my Mom, Dad and Bro while my husband's on a business trip to Belgium (I bet he's having a whale of a time!) and next week he'll be off to France (Ok, now I'm really jealous).


Oh, this reminds me Belgium is famous for Diamonds and France for Couture! I should inform my husband about that :p A few gifts didn't hurt anybody, eh?


Well, anyways, I made this really delicious Masala Fried Chicken today...Pure Indian Style and I want to share the recipe with you all! My bro loved it and trust me, my brother could be one mean food critic and if he loved it, I'm sure you guys will too! So here we go:


Boneless Masala Fried Chicken - Indian Style:


Ingredients-


Chicken-750 gms (Boneless and Cut into Medium Sized Pieces)
Ginger Paste-1 Tbsp
Garlic Paste-1 Tbsp
Turmeric Powder- 1/8 th Tsp
Red Chilli Powder- 1 Tsp
Coriander Seeds (Powdered)- 1 Tbsp
Garam Masala Powder- 1.5 Tbsp
Lemon Juice- 2 Tbsp OR Vinegar- 1 Tbsp
Salt- To taste
Cornflour or Rice Flour- As Required


Method:


1) First of all, wash the chicken thoroughly.
2) Mix the Ginger Paste, Garlic Paste, Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Seed Powder, Garam Masala Powder, Lemon Juice / Vinegar and Salt in a big bowl.
3) Add the Chicken to it and mix well. Let the Chicken marinate in it for at least 4-5 hours (In the fridge). You can also leave it overnight in the refrigerator.
4) Heat oil in a wok or a deep pan.
5) Dip the Chicken Pieces in Cornflour or Rice Flour and fry them till they turn brown.
6) Serve Hot.




I know the pic isn't good but we were in a hurry to eat so I couldn't wait to get my camera and just clicked a pic with my cell phone...I know! Shame on me! :(


Ok, do try this out at home and let me know how it turns out!


Have a nice Summer!


Loads of love!




5 comments:

  1. Hi!! I'm stopping by and following from Follow Me Back Tuesday. I hope you'll check out my blog Frazzled Mama at http://frazzled-mama.com and follow me back.

    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds delicious! i like the combination of indian spices and crispy chicken! Have only tried roasting chicken with indian spices though (:

    http://mummyicancook.blogspot.com/2011/02/curried-roast-chicken-leg-with-spiced.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your newest follower. I’m stopping by from “Follow me Back Tuesday.” Looking forward to your follow back.
    Cheers,
    Shanae

    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum this looks tasty! Sure hope you drop by and add it to World Food Thursdays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds wonderful - lovely warming spices and crispy chicken - what a great combination! Thank you for sharing it with the Hearth and Soul Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from all you wonderful people out there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...