Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Few more Couplets :)

Hi ya all,

I just came across a few couplets I had written a few years ago and I thought I'd share them with you all. They're  in Hindi but I've tried my best to translate them in English for ya all :)

1) 
तन्हाई के एक आंसू से अपने खुशियों का दिया ना बुझा,
इंतज़ार तुने उसका इतना किया है, दो पल और ठहर जा.

Do not put off the flame your happiness with a tear of your loneliness,
You have waited so long for her, a few more moments wouldn't hurt.

2)
ग़मों के सागर को पार तू कर खुशियों की कश्ती से,
दुनिया से काहे को डरते हो, सामना कर तू हिम्मत से

Cross the Seas of Sorrow with Kayaks of Joy,
Don't let the World scare you, Confront it with Courage.

3)
दूर ना देख ओ राही, सफ़र बड़ा लम्बा है,
आये कठिनाई तोह ए, तुझे तोह आगे बढ़ना है.

Don't look at the distance, Oh Traveler. The road is very long.
Let Difficulties come along, You still have to go all the Way.



5 comments:

  1. Hi there! New follower in from FMBT! Thanks so much for joining us.

    Hindu looks beautiful...so mysterious. Fabulous sentiments...great way to start my day.

    Have a great week hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Couplets are beautiful. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so beautiful and touching. I'm so glad you translated them for us all to read! :)

    ~Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat header!

    I just found your blog through the Follow Me Back Tuesday blog hop. Have a great week!

    Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really loved it a lot. .the translation makes it all the more better to read. keep your good work on.

    I have also created a blog (just a post old, as of now). Do visit and provide your feedback through "COMMENT" in the blog page. . . Also subscribe the blog through E-Mail...

    http://musingsofawanderingheart.blogspot.in/

    Stay Blessed

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from all you wonderful people out there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...